Tuesday 30 August 2011

The Nature of Tea Cosies

There is now an annual event at the bundoora homestead art centre on The Nature of Tea Cosies Exhibition.  Women from around Australia (and the world) send in their lovely tea cosies - knitted, crocheted, felted, patchwork, embroidered for display.  They are sold and all proceeds are donated to Cancer Council Victoria’s Biggest Morning Tea fundraiser.  There are now several hundred tea cosies that are exhibited.

The art centre is located in an old farming homestead - that was built when the area was just farmland.  Now it's out in suburbia - in the northern suburbs of Melbourne.

Needless to say - on my last visit I couldn't resist purchasing two tea cosies.  One of those that I purchased is the coral and cream tea cosy (called strawberries and cream) in the bottom right of this photo.  Isn't it just gorgeous.

The exhibition space is fantastic.  And being in a large room FULL of tea cosies was pretty special.  All that art and craft - most (if not all) of which is done by amazing women - was very inspiring.

I certainly plan to do a tea cosy for next year's exhibition - as it would be sooooo exciting to be part of a proper art exhibition.

Have you ever exhibited your art/craft? Or maybe you would like to join in and send a tea cosy to next years exhibition.  I will  update the blog early next year once the details are provided on how and when to send in the cosies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your leaving a comment. I love connecting through my blog with other crafty people and I love reading your blogs too.