Saturday 13 August 2011

Vintage crewel embroidery

Last week a package arrived, via ebay, of a vintage crewel embroidery kit.  I haven't done embroidery for a long, long time - maybe the last time was in my late teens?!? So why this sudden passion....well a blog I like, twin fibers, posted some lovely crewel embroidery work. This sent me off on a search of ebay, where there are thousands of vintage embroidery kits to choose from (who would have thought?). I wanted something small with a 3D aspect to it, and the Flower Puff Orange is one of the kits I picked up.
 
The colours are very 70s - oranges and browns - but I liked the bright colours and the puffy flowers.  Also its very small - so its suits me as my first project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your leaving a comment. I love connecting through my blog with other crafty people and I love reading your blogs too.