Friday 16 September 2011

September WIP

I've been home from work all week sick with 'flu.  Am only just feeling better today.  But two things happened to brighten my week - some new yarn and the latest edition of molliemakes arrived in the post.

The most I've been able to do all week is knit a bit, watch TV and entertain/care for my 4 year old daughter (yes - she had the 'flu too!).

The yarn are 4 lovely balls of Sirdar Snuggly baby bamboo in pale pink - to make a shrug for my daughter. A shrug (apparently) is a  little short sleeve cardigan. Something to wear over dresses.

This is my first attempt at a real knitting project - having only ever done scarves and hats. So I've done up my first ever gauge swatch and have now started on the actual project. Doing the gauge swatch was interesting.  I always thought I was a tight knitter - but the gauge swatch indicated I was slightly loose, just a bit.  So I dropped my needle size by a half - from size 4 to 3.5 - and it was the perfect tension. The yarn is lovely and soft to knit. Its certainly a real treat knitting with such lovely yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your leaving a comment. I love connecting through my blog with other crafty people and I love reading your blogs too.