Tuesday 15 November 2011

Wildflowers and wildlife

We are now home from our family holiday in Perth and Margaret River.  While we had a fantastic time, it is great to be home.  Living out of a suitcase certainly palls after a week.

Our trip mainly involved catching up with my extended family in Perth - barbecues, bush walks, eating and more eating, and lots of coffees (with tea for me, the odd one out!).  I especially enjoyed catching up with my Nonno and Nonna - who are 86 and 84 respectively.  My Nonna gave me a tea set which I will have to show you at some point.  While it is not quite my taste, it's very interesting, and I do appreciate having something of my Nonna's in my house.

Our trip to Margaret River involved sun, beach, bushwalks and caves.  And let's not forget wine tastings and yummy food.

We swam at the most beautiful beach - Gnarabup Beach, just near Prevally Beach. Well sheltered from waves (and sharks).  There had been three people taken by sharks in the last few months, so we were pretty determined to only swim in completely shark inaccessible areas.


And here's my daughter (in the white t-shirt) and I - middle centre in the turquoise bathers.


And a highlight for this trip was the amount of wildlife we saw. My daughter and I ticked off in a little native bird book each of the types of birds we saw.  The highlight was seeing two emus crossing the road in front of our car. Sorry, couldn't pull the camera out in time so no pics. The bird below is the splendid fairy wren that visited the bird feeder at our cottage.


Our cottage was in the middle of protected bush land so we took a walk every evening along the bush paths.  This guy was one creature we found.


And this mother and joey were one of many kangaroos in pasture land near our cottage.


I hope you enjoyed my pics.  Some more will come - I still really want to show you my Nonno's vegetable garden - it is awesome.  But that will have to be for another time.

Cheerio...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your leaving a comment. I love connecting through my blog with other crafty people and I love reading your blogs too.