Thursday 12 January 2012

BAMCAL

Thanks to the ravelry Block-A-Month-Crochet-A-Long (BAMCAL) I've been busily crocheting blocks to build into an afghan blanket. The great thing with this group is they provide 2 12inch blocks a months, as well as two 6 inch ones.  I've decided to crochet the 12 inch blocks in 8ply yarn, using up my leftover yarns and adding as I go.

This is my first crochet a-long, and so far I'm loving it.  It's a great opportunity to learn new stitches, and at the end of it I will have a large blanket.

Thank you to thornberry for alerting me to the start of this crochet a long.  You can join up here.


2 comments:

  1. Love these and what a good idea of 2 squares a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing the CAL as well, it's a lovely helpful board isn't it. I'm actually doing two lots of colours for two blankets at the moment. Chronically indecisive, that's my trouble. Your squares look great, can't wait to see February's.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your leaving a comment. I love connecting through my blog with other crafty people and I love reading your blogs too.