Tuesday 21 August 2012

Hello cowl

Issue 14 of Molliemakes magazine had a lovely Quince & Co knitted lacey cowl. I've been wanting to knit a cowl for a while - and our cold winter makes it perfect to wear.



It involved some new knitting techniques for me - a provisional cast on and a picot cast off. I loved doing this project (especially using the lovely cashmerino yarn) - and it's divine to wear. Think I might knit one or two up for a christmas gift.


Hello?! I always feel a bit shy about putting pics of myself here or on instagram, but sometimes its good to get outside one's comfort zone.

Ravelled here.


And this is my progress on my intarsia strawberry. All I need to do is add a few black seeds. Then I'll have to make it into something practical...it measures 10cm by 18 cm. A glasses case? Or a little purse?

My initial thoughts are to knit another strawberry the same size and make them into a glasses case. But can't quite figure out what to do with the opening. Do I just leave it like a pocket, or thread some ribbon through it like a drawstring? What do you think?

Cheerio. Lori.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your leaving a comment. I love connecting through my blog with other crafty people and I love reading your blogs too.